Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Face Book 101...

Welcome to Spring...
    I have to admit that I am behind in my writing and posting of my BLOG! It's not that I didn't think about it... It's just that there is so much to do in any given day! And I am finding... that as I get older... instead of things slowing down... they seem to be speeding up! 


    I promise myself and others... that I will be "in touch"... "Let's plan a date"... "See you soon"... "Call me"!  And the time just seems to slip away... Which brings me to the next important item on the list of "12 Things That Happy People Do"...


5.  Nurture social relationships. – The happiest people on the planet are the ones who have deep, meaningful relationships.  Did you know studies show that people’s mortality rates are DOUBLED when they’re lonely?  WHOA!  There’s a warm fuzzy feeling that comes from having an active circle of good friends who you can share your experiences with.  We feel connected and a part of something more meaningful than our lonesome existence.


This is so true... and thanks to Face Book... (among other social networks, YouTube,Twitter,Google,Linkedin and Pinterest to name a few)... we are able to keep in touch with family and friends not to mention read/watch/listen to the latest "viral" phenomena!!!!  In fact I recently met a gentleman friend through "Linkedin"... (Who knew)!!!! ;-)


And don't forget that the behaviors behind these activities where ideas and news spread between individuals through dialogue have been present in society since prehistoric times and form part of our foundation of culture!


So the next time someone says to you that you are wasting your time on Social Networks... Remind them that you are just following an age old ritual of exchanging information AND... staying connected to the world... and the people in it!



Not to mention (I might add)... I just love to see the smile on my little great nephews as they delight in their everyday lives a thousand miles from me... To hear in the voice of a friend... just how happy and in love she is... To laugh out loud at a cartoon... Or shed a silent tear at an injustice to humanity... 


It is true that we are part of a "New Age"... a "New World" full of "New Technology"...
   
       But it is also true... that we still need people to hold close... and love...


As Always...
Candace
x0x



No comments:

Post a Comment