Saturday, February 11, 2012

Being a Successful Diva



Hello Friends...
I hope this chilly February finds you all toasty warm... snug in your little homes... ;-)

Do you all remember the list I posted in January...

"12 Things Happy People Do Differently" 

Well... as promised... each month I plan to talk about one of the 12!  So lets look at Number 2. from the list... "Cultivating Optimism"...Here is what it says...

2. Winners have the ability to manufacture their own optimism.  No matter what the situation, the Successful Diva is the chick who will always find a way to put an optimistic spin on it.  She knows failure only as an opportunity to grow and learn a new lesson from life.  People who think optimistically see the world as a place packed with endless opportunities, especially in trying times.

So let’s think about this… “Cultivating Optimism”… What does “Cultivating” mean to you???  “To Grow”… “To Nourish Your Spirit… Your Life”… “To Seek Personal Fulfillment”???  For me… it is all of this and more.

I have already made mention that I always start and end my day in the same way… “Being thankful for all that I have”… I thank the Universe for
another perfect day. To make of it what I will.  To find joy in the smallest of events.  To be in the here and now.  And one of my latest affirmations is “I am open and receptive to all good”…  There is something to be said about “putting a smile on your face” and saying out loud… This is going to be a good day”! ;-)

Although I must admit… it wasn’t always this way for me.  There were many times in the past that I have been known to successfully blame others for how some thing turned out in my life!  IF ONLY… My Mother… My Boss… My Men… My Friends… IF ONLY they hadn’t done this or that!?!?! Wow… it is so easy to cling to this kind of thinking and so comforting to blame someone else and play the victim or martyr…  

Well in the late 90's I started reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's books... "Simple Abundance: A Day Book of Comfort and Joy"...  "Simple Abundance: Journal of Gratitude"... and "Something More:  Excavating Your Authentic Self"... I also started reading the work of Gary Zukav..."The Seat of the Soul"... "The Heart of the Soul"... "The Mind of the Soul"... These books were eye openers for me and I'm sure millions of others! The greater conscious mind was changing... and we had been given our own personal guides... Both Gary Zukav and Ms. Ban Breathnach have web sites that are very easy to explore!  You really should check them out.

I found that once I was not so defensive... and more willing to accept my own role in this Dance... I was able to say to myself... "OK Candace... what is your part in all of this"...  It was then... that I was able to begin to move through some of the psychic inner pain that I had been holding on to.  And as if on cue... life began to change for me... on a daily basis... ;-) Wonderful new opportunities started to present themselves to me... and because I trusted that life would only continue to get better and better... it did! 

I no longer had to be afraid of what tomorrow would bring...  Because whatever it brought... I was ready! ;-)  All I needed to do is stay open to the change... To stay calm... To breath... To listen to my inner voice... and know... that I would receive a greater gift from this experience.  I only had to ask...

I would like to challenge everyone to start thinking differently about... even one thing on your long list of daily experiences... Begin by telling yourself that you know that your day has the ability to be good... That it can be what you want and need!!! Be it the commute to work... Your neighbor's barking dog... The child that will not sit down and do their homework. Or maybe... just maybe... you can be more optimistic about yourself!  Louise Hay is a big believer in "Mirror Work"... When you get up in the morning... or really anytime... pick up a mirror... look into your eyes.. and say "I love you...." (fill in the blank)...  This simple affirmation can have a profound affect on your well-being...  I know... at first it might feel a little silly... or even scary... but it is so good for you.  Children LOVE to look at themselves in the mirror... they have no problem complementing themselves for what they see... We should all be so blessed.

Be sure and leave me some comments... I want to know how things go for you!
And remember... One is but to ask... It is all there waiting for us!

Blessings to us all...
Candace
x0x








1 comment:

  1. It's so much easier to be positive than negative. That's what I say. And, most times, I am. :-) Wonderful piece, Candace.

    ReplyDelete