Monday, January 2, 2012

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful...

 But the fire is so delightful... 

Sometimes I forget what the winds are like here in "Blow Bar"... That is what the natives call Gold Bar!!!!! ;-)  I have been up for hours because of the wind and the noise!  My wind chimes have been singing loud and clear all through the night... (I wonder if my neighbors hear them as well)???

My neighbor Jenn took this photo this early morning... Which reflects what we both see out our windows... Is this beautiful or what???  Thank you Jenn for letting me share this!




So because I could not sleep... I thought I might as well get up and write to you my Dear Friends...  ;-)   I told you... I had lunch with some friends the other day and we were talking about what we want to do next... I of course... want to work on Mosaics... as new ideas still tumble through my head and an ever growing speed... But I also long to do something new!  Another one of my favorite Blogs is confessionsofaplateaddict@yahoo.com.  When I first saw the name... I was hoping it had to do with Mosaics!  I was wrong... The woman that created it... loves everything French!  Which is not always my taste... but I have gotten some amazing ideas from her and I plan on trying some of them out as well!  She also has a list of similar favorite Blogs of her own! 

It was on her Blog this early morning (3am or so)... that I got thee idea for my next project... Which will actually be considered Mixed Media... Which is something I have wanted to get into for a very long time!  Not long ago I bought this book called "Cloth Paper Scissors"... It is all about creating Mixed Media... They also have a website (which I also signed up for)... clothpaperscissors@interweave.com.   

Although the project I am dreaming about will have to do with... Old Rusty Tin Funnels ... Paper Mache and Mosaics... ;-)  I am very excited!  Why couldn't I have thought of this at the beginning of Winter Break instead of the day before I have to go back to school!!!!

I really couldn't remember all the words to the song "Let It Snow"... so I downloaded them!
And after reading them... I realized that this is really a "Love Song"... ;-)  A very sweet love song at that...

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
When we finally kiss goodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm
The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow"!


I think this is going to be my new Mantra...  and I have a strong feeling... I am going to be singing it a lot this New Year!

Candace
x0x

No comments:

Post a Comment